The joy of hearing birds sing throughout the day disappears when you step outdoors to see your concrete yard scattered with droppings. Everyone faces this scenario time and again.
How to clean bird poop off concrete?
To remove bird poop stains from concrete, begin by hosing it down. Now wet the feces with a liquid dishwasher. Cover the frothy area with sawdust and wait for it to absorb. Then with a broom, sweep it away. Muriatic acid can also be used to remove stubborn feces. They need to be removed quickly.
Liking the preview? Let’s solve this case together!
Why Must You Get Rid of It?
Due to the health risks that bird poop poses, you must remove it from concrete.
They also include bacteria that can cause gastrointestinal problems.
This can cause vomiting and diarrhea.
The acid uric present in bird droppings has the potential to destroy construction materials.
Concrete, metals, marble, paint may be harmed by bird guano in this manner. The end result is more than just unsightly stains. You may need to seal the siding to concrete as a result of damage.
When there are tiny amounts of raw excrement, the risk is minor. But when there are large amounts of concentrated, dried excrement, the risk is increased.
As a result, you must wipe dried bird feces off concrete on a regular basis.
Bird droppings are also a serious issue for historic sites. The property’s architecture is typically protected by law and treasured for its aesthetic appeal.
Bird droppings can even shorten the life of a monument or an antique church.
Cleaning Bird Poop from Concrete
If your concrete is covered with bird droppings, the methods I’ve recommended are successful.
These procedures can be used for a small region or a handful of individual droppings.
Method 1 of 3: Cleaning Bird Poop in Small Amounts
Apply the following approach to remove bird feces from concrete. Because the droppings are still fresh, cleaning them will be much easier.
Scrub brush, hose, dish soap should be prepared and dealt with as soon as possible. Let’s go through the steps:
- To remove bird droppings, use a hose to moisten the area. The correct fitting of your garden hose may not be easy to pick. Choose it carefully to avoid water pressure problems.
- To make a stronger spray, cover the rest of the faucet using one finger.
- Dish soap should be used in areas where it needs to be damp.
- Now rub over it with a brush.
- Rinse the surface with a hose once more.
If you don’t want bird droppings, you can clean with a paper towel or rag. To clean with a rag you’ll need it to be of good quality.
Here are some affordable quality rags you can find in the market:
You can finish your hassles with these quality rags without a further mess.
Method 2 of 3: Getting Rid of Moderate Bird Droppings
Dishwashing detergent and brushing is not enough to remove moderate bird excrement.
Arrange a hose or a light motor pressure washer, dish soap, scrub brush, sawdust, broom, and dustbin.
Now prepare a little muscle and then follow the instruments before working on moderate bird excrement.
- Wash out as much surface debris as possible using a hose or a light-duty electric pressure washer. If the washer has no pressure, check the regulator of it. It may have regulator problems.
- Clean the area containing bird droppings using a specific soap or detergent. Then clean the stains with a scrub brush.
- Cover with a coating of sawdust if the area is large and let it for 10 minutes to absorb the feces.
- Sweep away the sawdust using a broom.
- If you see the concrete surface remains dirty, repeat the steps several times more.
Method 3 of 3: Getting Rid of Big Bird Dropping
The birds have decided to make a huge mess in your concrete yard. In this scenario, you need to clear up the damage as soon as possible.
You’ll need to prepare materials as well. Get an electric pressure washer, concrete cleaners, scrub brush, large sawdust, muriatic acid, and broom.
- Firstly, plug-in the medium/heavy electric pressure washer to the electric outlet safely. It shouldn’t be hard to plug in. Now pre-wash the area with it.
- Before cleaning, make sure the bird droppings are damp.
- Scrub as hard as you can with a huge push brush for a while.
- Sweep them away with a broom and toss them in the garbage.
- Rinse thoroughly and repeat until the water is clear.
- If the discoloration persists after multiple attempts, use a concrete cleaner or Muriatic Acid. It is also recognized as Hydrochloric Acid.
There are many harmful effects of birds pooping and inhaling while cleaning. You need to be careful as much as you can.
These tips will help you to know what you need to do while working on this kind of project.
Tip 1: Wear a mask when removing bird poop. Inhaling these feces particles can cause respiratory and digestive disorders.
Tip 2: It is necessary to dilute acid when using it. It is never a good idea to add water to acid since it will produce a chemical reaction. The boiling water may spatter on you. You’ll be injured if you are not careful.
That’s all there is to it! You can now enjoy a spotless concrete surface once more.
Question: How to remove bird poop with baking soda?
Answer: In a bottle, combine boiled water and baking powder and shake briskly for 30 seconds. Allow several minutes for the solution to settle on every dry bird droppings.
Question: How do you get bird poop off patio furniture?
Answer: Apply the toothpaste to an old toothbrush. Then slightly dampen it, and scrub the bird feces away. White vinegar is another home treatment that can help, particularly if you have got a wide area to clean.
Question: What smell will keep birds away?
Answer: Birds are known to dislike lavender oil, garlic, and professional products. The use of fragrance keeps birds away. It is a simple and effective method. Many things that people enjoy have a strong odor that birds despise.
I hope that I’ve been helpful in demonstrating how to clean bird poop from concrete. If you catch it early enough then it won’t be a headache after.
You only need a few tools and a little cleaning to restore your concrete to its former glory!
Till next time, Adios!