It’s normal to panic when you see a highlighter stain on your clothes. Well, it’s not that big of a problem. It can be removed with some effort, but the fixes should be done as soon as possible.
How to get highlighter out of clothes?
The three most successful ways for getting rid of stains from clothes are using hand sanitizer, spraying rubbing alcohol into the cloth, or using stain removers. And if you want, you can also use other easy methods such as baking soda, vinegar, or lemon juice to get rid of those stains.
Like the short preview? Then let’s jump right into the details. We’ve mentioned all the easy fixes down below to help you out!
To Get Highlighter Stains Out Of Clothes: 5 Effortless Ways
At first glance, highlighter stains on your clothes might seem like a very big problem to solve. Removing a highlighter stain is not actually that tough, it can be done with ease and it requires simple ways like getting gear oil smell out of clothes .
Without further adieu, let’s look into the methods!
Method 1: Using Rubbing Alcohol
Rubbing alcohol is probably the most popular product when you think about any stain. Make sure to take certain precautions before this.
To get rid of a highlighter stain with rubbing alcohol, follow these processes:
- You need to start by placing a clean paper towel on the table. Put the stained area on the dry paper towel. The extra ink will be absorbed.
- Into a bowl, pour a generous amount of rubbing alcohol. Then take a sponge, dip it in the alcohol and mop slowly around the stained area. The alcohol should spread in round ways.
- In the third step, you have to soak the sponge into the alcohol for another time. This time dab over the highlighter stain directly. If needed repeat the process.
- In the final step, wash your clothes with regular detergent. Wash it with warm water. And then normally air-dry the dress. Make sure there’s no ink stain left behind before starting this process.
Method 2: Using Stain Remover
Using an official ink or stain remover is an obvious way. You can use a stain remover, to remove a highlighter stain. Follow these simple steps:
- You need to start by reading the instruction given by the ink remover. Some removers need to be used on wet fabric and some directly on the dry fabric. So, you must follow the instructions of that certain stain remover.
- Shake up the solution before using it. Then pour a little amount of the stain remover directly on the stained area.
- Slowly rub the stain remover into the stain by using a washcloth or a brush. Keep rubbing the area until the ink starts to disappear.
- Wash the garment normally. After washing, check another time if there’s any stain.
- If you find no stain, put the garment in the dryer in a suitable setting for the fabric. Make sure your clothes dryer meets proper electrical requirements.
To help you, I tried mentioning some good-quality stain remover-
These are the best ones in the market. And you can use this without any hesitation!
Method 3: Using Hand Sanitizer
Hand sanitizer also works as an effective stain remover. You can use this to get rid of many types of stains.
These quick steps will remove a highlighter stain by hand sanitizer:
- Firstly, put some hand sanitizer onto a brush or a tissue.
- Press another tissue right at the of the stained area for safety.
- Blot the wet tissue directly on the stain. Make sure to blot the area. If you rub or scrub the area, it will make the stain larger.
- If there are any remaining ink particles, hold the wet spot under running water for a few minutes to remove.
Method 4: Using Baking Soda And Vinegar
Sometimes this process might take a long time but it’s an effective one. Vinegar helps to remove wrinkles from clothes as well.
The steps for this method are:
- Firstly, you can soak the stain with vinegar or pour some vinegar onto the stain.
- Now, you have to create a paste using 3 tbsp of baking soda and 1 tbsp of vinegar. Apply the paste on the stained area by rubbing with a paper towel. You can make more of that paste if needed.
- After applying the paste let the garment sit overnight. After that, gently remove the dried bits of paste and then give your garment a regular wash. Finally, Inspect the material and repeat the process if necessary.
Method 5: Using Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is highly acidic. This helps to break down many types of stains and a highlighter stain is one of those.
Follow these steps for a quick fix:
- Firstly, fill a small bowl with lemon juice. Then put the stained area of the garment into the cup so that the stained area can soak in the lemon juice.
- Secondly, use a tablespoon of salt to scrub the highlighter-stained spot with lemon juice into it.
- You should see the stain vanish right away.
- Finally, you have to drench both the lemon juice and salt.
Question: How do I get a highlighter out of my furniture?
Answer: Laundry detergent can help get the highlighter out. You can also directly spray rubbing alcohol into the stain and soak it with paper.
Question: How do you remove old highlighter stains?
Answer: Rubbing alcohol and using an official ink remover works most effectively in this case. You can also use home remedies but, in the case of old strains, chemical products work better.
Question: How to get highlighter out of your carpet, and mattress?
Answer: To get highlighter stains out of your carpet, and mattress, you can apply almost all the methods that I’ve mentioned in the article. If things get complicated you can always call a professional.
That’s all about how to get highlighter out of clothes. Now you know all the easy and effective procedures to get rid of this problem.
This covers the 5 most useful methods for removing highlighter stains. By using my mentioned techniques you can easily get your dress back to normal.
Until then, have a good day!