Hanging anything on a hollow surface or a hollow door can be challenging. This is because the hollow surface isn’t able to keep the traditional screw onto itself. So, knowing how to work around this problem is useful.
How to hang a mirror on a hollow door?
Hanging a mirror on a hollow surface or door can be done through a couple of procedures. One process is using double-sided adhesives and attaching hooks to them. The other is to drill in hollow wall anchors. And other procedures can also be applied.
So, the article that has been prepared here will go over the different procedures. On how to hang a mirror on a hollow surface or door.
Hanging A Mirror On A Hollow Surface
There are three primary methods of hanging a mirror on a hollow surface or a hollow door. A hollow Surface is like drywall and not all types of screws can be attached there.
- First, we must measure the surface of the door to the mirror we want to hang on it. The mirror must be held against it and the hook points of the mirror should be measured. And after measuring they should be marked.
- Now, we must apply the adhesive on the marked spots of the door. The adhesives can be of two varieties. One is of the double-sided tape. The other is of the thick glue gel.
- There are many types of double-sided tapes and glue gel varieties found in the market. But the use of industrial-grade double-sided tape or gel is recommended here.
- After marking the points where the hooks must be placed, the tapes or the gel must be applied.
- In the case of the tape, the hooks can be placed slowly and by taking time. This is because the adhesive of the tape is not exposed to the outside air. So, it will not dry up.
But in the case of the glue gel, the hook must be attached as quickly as possible. This must be done very carefully as well. After the gel dries it becomes very hard. And removing it can cause harm to the surface.
- Now that the hooks are attached, a quality check must be done. Make sure the hooks are set properly. And that they are upright.
Now that the hook setup is done. You can hang your mirror on your hollow door. Finding good Double-sided tape can be tiresome. So we recommend these:
Magnetic Hooks Method
- Measure the surface of the door to the mirror you want to hang on it. The mirror’s hook points must be measured. They should also be noted after they’ve been measured.
- Now we must apply the adhesive to the door’s specified areas. The magnetic hooks come with adhesives behind the magnets. So, we must take off the protective covering. Then apply the adhesive to the door so that the magnets stick to the door.
- Now that the magnets have been attached to the door, the hooks can be attached as well.
- Now that the hooks are in place, it’s time to perform a quality check. Make sure the hooks are in the right place. They’re also standing straight.
Now that the hook is in place, let’s go on to the next step. Your mirror can be hung on the hollow door. One thing to note is that this method doesn’t work if the doors have magnetic locks. Magnetic door locks interfere with the magnetic hooks and vice versa.
Hollow Wall Anchor Method
- Like before, we must measure the surface of the door to the mirror we want to hang on it. The hook points of the mirror should be measured. And after measuring they should be marked.
- After marking the spots and confirming where we want the anchors to go well, start the drilling process.
- The wall anchors work as base plates for screws. So, the wall anchor is driven in first, and then the screws are driven into the anchors.
- So, we will now drive in the anchors into the desired spots into the hollow door. After this, it is ok to screw in the screws on which your mirror will be hung.
- After making sure the screws are put in place properly and sturdy, we can hang the mirror.
You might run into problems while setting up the hollow wall anchor on a hollow wall. Which is over drilling. And you must avoid this issue of over drilling. For this, you should know the thickness of the wall you are drilling into.
This problem usually doesn’t happen in hollow doors. So, you can just do a basic check before starting.
Question: Is it possible to hang a mirror on a thin wall?
Answer: A thin wall anchor, such as a toggle bolt, that expands and secures beneath the plaster wall is your best chance. If you’re hanging a hefty mirror on plaster without a stud.
Question: What is the maximum weight that drywall anchors can support?
Answer: Toggle bolts are drywall anchors that can hold up to 50 pounds, whereas steel hollow-wall anchors can hold up to 100 pounds.
Question: Is it possible to place a towel rack on a hollow door?
Answer: A towel bar can be mounted on a hollow-core door in the same way that drywall is. The fastener to utilize is a molly anchor, which is a hollow-wall expansion bolt.
Therefore, to conclude the article, we hope that this article was appropriate for your issues. This article contains all the primary information on how to hang a mirror on a hollow door. And we hope you are happy with our article.
So, until some other time, farewell!